Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mota ya Patla

'Yaar mein pehle se moti ho gayi hun?'. People who know me would often find me asking this question.
Why only me, most of my friends/brothers and sisters are pretty conscious about their weight nowadays.I guess thats the trend now, thats the 'in' look.If we see the movies in 60's 70's, the 'in' look was definately a curvascious body, which primarily meant too much of butt size. I remember one of my friend telling me that the heroines like Leena Chandrawarkar used to put artificial butts inside, though I am not sure how much true was that, n sounds a bit weird:-P.Well, the times have changed, heroines have gone thinner and heros are looking more fit nowadays. But the point here lies that it has made the life of normal people like us full of suffering and sacrifices.Suffering because now the benchmark of 'motapa' has descreased to as low as my husband calling even Katrina Kaif plump(dontt telll meee!!!!! *shock- I totally find her skinny, save me God!!!!), and sacrifices because we usually have to think one million times before eating a single cube of chocolate.

However, that is the story most of us have, especially in 20's and 30's. I guess after that it stops affecting you anymore and we often see, heavy bodies moving around in the age group of 40's. Also to top it all, everytime you call your mom/dad/nana/nani/dada/dadi, to ask how they are doing, the only thing they say is , 'thik hun', followed by 'baba ramdev ji ne bacha rakha hai' followed by 'why don't you also start doing yoga in the morning', then a bit more pestering,'it will take just 15 minutes' and a bit more .......'do anulom vilom' and the saga just continues. I do agree that our lifestyle is has changed a lot, sitting all the time in IT jobs. But does that mean that everytime I eat a chocolate brownie with ice cream and hot hot chocolate suace on top of it.....yumm, i need to have that guilty feeling and kill my craving for the same? Does that mean that everytime I see a girl , I start comparing how thin or fat I am relative to her? Well God only knows. As I keep discussing with my brother( who totally seconds my point of view by the way), God has definately done partiality with people who are thin and eat 100 times more chocolate and still donot gain any weight.

Talking of chocolate brownie with ice cream, my craving has woken up again and I am off to Barista. Hope I donot get guily this time, afterall I have just written the blog.......God are you listening.................

10 comments:

  1. nice hmm..

    its actually very true.

    one has to be really very cautious abt the figure.... coz of the 'in' look :)

    damn u kareena kapoor!! :( .... Grrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of everything else, " Does that mean that everytime I see a girl , I start comparing how thin or fat I am relative to her" was most hilarious :P !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha
    I thought the most hilarious would be 'heroines like Leena Chandrawarkar used to put artificial butts inside, though I am not sure how much true was that, n sounds a bit weird:-P' . I still laugh by remembering this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, who else can understand you better than me :) though I dont mix any concious with eatery. Yaar always remember...."Hum log khane ke liye jee rahe hai"

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Madhur: Haha , thanks for supporting, hum log tau hamesha hi khane ke liye jeete hain shuru se, bhool gaye PTI ke neeche ke samose and break pakore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, remember that sarkari canteen.So you see the point? infact jab se woh samose khana band hua hai, tabhi se mote ho gaye. PTI me to we were in shape(zero size)...hehe. Get back to work,you bloody indians !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Nice to find you in blogging world, welcome from my side (Badi khushi hui aapko blogging main dekh kar :)).. And really nice blogs... bilkul direct from heart..

    Abe ab to chod de mota patla dekhna.... Ab to phas gaya bechara Ankit, dil khol ke khao aur mote patle ki tension uuse do.. woh kehte hain na "Tension lene ki nahin dene ki cheez hai" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ankit, need those encouraging words from blog gurus like Vinit n you:-)
    Mota patla tau chod hi diya ab, sab moh maya hai. upar se farak tau padta nahin tau ab kya rona:-P bas abhi pizza khane hi jaa rahi hun, hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. he, he, he... nice blog Surbhi. Am sure u'll hate me as I was 'once' in the skinny category...... kitna bhi khao farak nahi padta tha!!!! Alas, gone r those days :(.... Ab to ek cookie khao, toh 2 rohan ko khilane padte hai guilt kam karne ke liye... saath main mote honge ;-)

    ReplyDelete