Saturday, January 23, 2010

Aur Bata....

We have often heard this word-'Takiyakalam'. What does this actually mean? Well I looked upon the same on wiki and this is what it exactly says:
A takiyakalam (various spellings . e.g. takia kalaam) is a Hindi/Punjabi/Urdu word or phrase used to describe a word, expression or phrase that a person frequently uses in conversation, often at the end of a sentence, and invariably without really thinking about it.
How true is the definition of this word.To tell you the truth I am totally in love with the phrase ...'Aur bata'. It has such a significance in lives of us Indians.We just keep using it so regularly that it has become a part of us, and without just realizing ,it does help us a lot in so many situations.

The other day I called up my friend in general to catch up on whats going on. I had a word with her last week as well so wasnt really sure on what new will be there to talk about , but just to keep in touch I had to give her a call.So I called her up , we exchanged greetings on how is it going and how has she been (gawddddd, as if I dont know, and as if something really bad/good has happened in 1 week) and then I didnt know what to say/ask/talk about. Thus this awkward 5 second silence was followed by my 'Aur Bata....',which started a series of talks about what she's planning on her career followed by another 'aur bata', leading to whats going on in other people's life, who is getting divorced, who is getting married, followed by another 'aur bata', again leading to analysis of whats good and whats not, ending up in a call of 45 minutes....whoaaa. Soon I realized why by hubby is mostly pissed off at my phone being busy most of the times and resulting in a fit of anger seeing my mobile bills.

An eye opener that day, I realized 'aur bata','sahi mein','like' do help a lot in coming close to your family and friends but only if used judiciously.On the contrary it can lead to severe consequences like huge mobile bills;-) So the next time you use it , just be sure to use it within limits and there you will be getting into people life, analysing it and throwing out your suggestions for the same, satiating your insatiated souls making it beleive how mature and sweet you are(sarcastical laugh).

P.S. There is a group on facebook called 'Aur Bata' and I am a fan of the same. Thats where the whole idea of writing this blog came by the way:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment