Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gone are those days.....

Transitioning from a child to a married lady has been such a journey, not only in terms of maturity but seeing the attitude
of people around me change drastically. To describe a standard day of my life when I was in my 10th class, all set to give the board exams,
my day would start with me getting up at 6 am in the morning, studying all the time. In between , when i felt hungry, I would just give out a call to my mom,
'Mummy bhookh lagi hai'.
That was it, just saying this would raise a chef in my mom who would start cooking some delicious dishes for me, which were
thoroughly fried(yumm...I still remember the smell) and present to me the world's tastiest dish ever(no competition to mom's cooking).
Well, if you see the emotion, it was so sweet of her to do that, so that I am pleased enough to keep studying and not say that Mom I am tired , or I don't feel like studying.
She would try her best by cooking all these dishes to make me keep studying happily.

Now to look at the other side of story, leaving apart Mom's emotion, WHO THE HELL CAN STUDY AFTER EATING SUCH fried bread pakoras, or chips,
or hot dogs(filled with fried veggies), or bread dipped in sugar sauce, oh God!!!!
Well all this used to result in 'Mummy mujhe thodi der mein utha dena, bahut neend aa rahi hai'.
It's not only my story but story of each of us Indians , because as they say .....'All Mom's are the same'.
Well the funny part is that by the end of my final exams, I used to be almost the size of hippo, thanks to all the food my Mom made for me during my exams.
The next two months of break before the classes start for higher level, I would be working hard to reduce my weight to a human level, and the viscious circle continued endlesly, year after year.
To top it all, whatever it may be, my Mom always found me looking weak!!!!!!!!!!:-O :-O

However....times have changed now. Not only me but all mom's are very much aware of the consequences of these fried foods nowadays.So now, instead of asking me to eat bread pakoras, my mom asks me to eat lots of fruits n veggies....not to forget the yoga by baba ramdev ji:-P.............Kindly refer to the blog below for further details:-P

No comments:

Post a Comment